Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Super silly poem I wrote about being a CNA.


So yeah, this was supposed to be a song and I was going to record it on a video for y'all but I don't play any instruments and my brother (who is a guitarist) is out of town, so I'll let you have it in poem form. I wanted to write something funny and it turned out really cheesy and silly, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of it. Just go easy on me, I haven't written a poem in like ten years. LOL :)

I clock into work and immediately
slip into a puddle of someone else's pee.
I turn the corner and what do I see?
My hall's lit up just like a Christmas tree.
I get my linen cart and write out my bath sheet
Then hear a tag alarm, gotta move my feet.
I'll be lucky if I get a lunch today,
'Cause I'm a CNA.

Well my shift just started and I can't slow down,
So many lights, can't even start my round.
Next thing I find a resident on the ground,
And the charge nurse is nowhere to be found.
Med tech can't leave the cart and hall partner's around
The corner cleaning up a code brown.
Nothing ever goes just the right way,
'Cause I'm a CNA.

When you see me pass by a resident's room
And I don't stop, please don't assume
That I don't care because it's far from true
I've got a lot of other people who need help too
When you're working with people you can't presume
From one minute to the next just what they're gonna do
My job is hard but I am proud to say
That I'm a CNA

19 comments:

  1. This is so true. Had to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so true i love it!! especially the end!! good job hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL thanks y'all. These comments make me feel like I'm not just being stupid. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me giggle... this poem is so true! Awesome job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Crazy yet so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it! exactly how i feel on a daily basis :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute and oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Code Brown....love it!! Sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!!! U never know what ull walk into lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute:) love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!! EVERY WORD THE TRUTH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an awesome job with this. I totally love this poem and there is a lot of truth in it

    ReplyDelete
  14. love what I do

    ReplyDelete
  15. Useful Information, your blog is sharing unique information.
    ACLS UCR Riverside CA

    ReplyDelete